Philadelphia, PA (March 31, 2015) — When the first pitch is thrown on Opening Day, hungry baseball fans can be sure of one thing, win or lose, their taste buds will be smiling. Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award-winning food and beverage partner of nine Major League Baseball stadiums, is unveiling its 2015 ballpark menus, which are chock full of ballpark favorites, stadium exclusives and better for you options.
More than 7,000 Aramark associates are eager to welcome fans to the ballpark this year, having spent the off-season doing everything from developing new recipes and designing exclusive souvenirs, to power washing concourses and wiping down counter tops.
Because a trip to the ballpark isn’t complete without a visit to the concession stand, the Aramark culinary team went back to basics with their menus, perfecting stadium favorites and reimagining the classics, to ensure a great food experience for all ballpark guests.
“This off season, we set out with one mission: create authentic menus that offer something for everyone and enhance the game day experience,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “I’m very proud of the Aramark team, and the work they’ve done to ensure each of our menus offers something new, classic and better for you.”
With a focus on enhancing the game day experience, Aramark’s team of dedicated service stars are ready to deliver another season of innovative offerings and unique game day experiences. Among the new menu items, Aramark will be rolling out at the nine MLB ballparks, where it manages the food and beverage program:
Dressed Up Dogs
During the 2015 MLB season, Aramark expects hungry baseball fans will consume more than four million hot dogs at the ballparks it serves. While classics, like the Fenway Frank, will always be available, several ballparks are dressing up their hot dogs and sausages with a tip of the cap to local flavors or unexpected ingredients.
- Citizens Bank Park, South Philly Dog- Phillies Frank topped with roasted red peppers, sharp provolone and broccoli rabe (Section 134).
- Coors Field, Taco Dog- Chorizo dog topped with cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo (Section 137).
- Kauffman Stadium, Steak & Cheese Dog- Hot dog topped with chopped Philly steak and cheese sauce (Sections 247 and 208).
- PNC Park, Cuban Pretzel Dog- Foot-long, all-beef hot dog topped with slices of ham, pulled pork, Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard and pickles, on a pretzel hoagie roll (Section 144).
- Rogers Centre, Peameal Bacon Sausage- Peameal bacon sausage topped with caramelized onions and honey mustard, on a cornmeal bun (Hogtown Grill, Sections 120 and 128).
Baseball menus have branched out beyond peanuts and Cracker Jack. Foodies can now find the following unique dishes in general concessions at their favorite ballpark.
- Citi Field, Pig Guy NYC’s Bacon on a Stick- Grilled thick cut Pat LaFrieda bacon available three ways- Sriracha maple glazed, dipped in Salted Caramel, or S’mores with chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows (World Fare Market).
- Minute Maid Park, Chicken and Waffle Cone- Waffle cone stuffed with mashed potatoes, fried chicken and drizzled with honey mustard (Street Eats, Section 126).
- PNC Park, Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club Bacon Cheeseburger- Half pound chuck & short rib burger topped with house made pulled pork, house cured jalapeno bacon, house made ketchup, pepper jack cheese garlic pickles, red onions, on a toasted, locally baked brioche (Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club).
- Rogers Centre, Distillery District Roast Beef Dip- House smoked beef topped with jus, roasted garlic aioli, horseradish mayo, crispy red onion and rocket greens, on a herb baguette (Muddy York Market, Level 100).
- Turner Field, Wing Diner- Chicken wings, tossed to order, in mango habanero, buffalo or lemon pepper sauce (Section 102).
The humble French fry gets a major upgrade, when dressed in the following gourmet toppings, offering an entirely new culinary canvas for Aramark chefs.
- Citi Field, Pat LaFrieda Filet Mignon Steak Frites- Waffle Fries topped with Pat LaFrieda filet mignon, caramelized onions and cheese sauce (Promenade Club LaFrieda Stand).
- Minute Maid Park, Gourmet Fries- Fresh cut garlic and parmesan, brisket topped curly fries and more (Street Eats, Section 126).
- PNC Park, Riverwalk Fries- Large cut fries topped with jalapeno cheese sauce, crispy bacon, a dollop of sour cream and chives (Section 144).
- Rogers Centre, Liberty Village Sausage Poutine- Crisp cut fries topped with traditional gravy, cheese curds, caramelized onions, sautéed peppers, smoked farmer’s sausage and peameal bacon sausage (Toronto Street Eats, Section 134).
Aramark partners with nearly 25 celebrity chefs and restaurateurs across its Sports and Entertainment portfolio. This baseball season, Aramark is proud to add two new chefs to its impressive celebrity chef roster, chef and television host, Andrew Zimmern, and chef and restaurateur, Josh Capon.
- Kauffman Stadium, Andrew Zimmern, a three-time James Beard Award-winning TV personality, chef and teacher who is best known as host of Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods will make his debut as an Aramark ballpark partner at Kauffman Stadium, where he will introduce:
- “KC Skewers” (Section 249)
- Flat bread sandwiches with choice of fresh all-natural chicken, boneless beef short rib, pork shoulder or lamb kefta, grilled to order.
- “KC Links” (Section 225)
- Piedmontese Beef Hot Dog with minted cabbage slaw, mustard, chiles and roasted vegetable mayo.
- Cheddar Bratwurst with jalapeno jelly, whole grain mustard and crispy onion shake.
- Chorizo Agrodolce, sweet and sour style, with sweet pepper relish and giardiniera.
- Italian Link with charred peppers, onions and fresh basil.
- Citi Field, Josh Capon- Executive chef and partner behind Lure Fishbar (NYC and Miami), B&B Winepub and El Toro Blanco, in New York City, Capon will roll out:
- “Pressed by Chef Josh Capon” (Section 125)
- Slow Braised Black Angus Short Rib Grilled Cheese- Taleggio cheese, fresh arugula and onion jam, served on challah brioche.
- Pepper Crusted Bacon Grilled Cheese- Monterey, aged white cheddar & Swiss cheeses and onion jam, served on challah brioche.
- Marinated Spring Vegetable Panini- Fresh mozzarella, grilled zucchini, roasted tomato and aged balsamic, served on an artisan baguette.
- Muffaletta- Mortadella, capicola, genoa salami, ham, olive tapenade and provolone cheese, served on a Sicilian style bread.
Better For You Options
As part of its mission to ‘Enrich and Nourish Lives,’ Aramark supports healthy lifestyles and offers healthy food choices for all guests. In fact, seven of Aramark’s partner ballparks were ranked in the top ten most vegetarian-friendly MLB ballparks last season. This year, Aramark is rolling out Food That Fits Your Life, an extension of Aramark Corporation’s Healthy For Life platform. The roll out includes enhancing healthy options and making it easier for baseball fans to locate healthier menu items around the ballpark. New better for you options include:
- Citi Field, Hain Celestial Natural, Organic and Gluten Free- New stand featuring national, organic and gluten free options including turkey burgers, veggie dogs, organic chips and organic cookies (World Fare Market).
- Citizens Bank Park, Gluten-Free Dedicated Stand- Featuring gluten free chicken tenders, hot dogs, pizza, cheesesteaks, pretzels, brownies, cookies and beer (New location, Section 125).
- PNC Park, Gluten Free Burrito- Gluten free corn tortilla filled with white rice, black beans, onions and peppers, cheese blend and choice of portabella mushroom or grilled chicken (Section 129).
Aramark partners with 11 Major League Baseball teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services -- Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays.
Visit http://www.AramarkEntertainment.com for a look at the food and beverage programs available at each of Aramark’s ballparks this season.
**Photos of Aramark’s 2015 Opening Day Menu can be found here**
About Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division
Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division creates remarkable experiences for guests at over 150 premier sports facilities, convention centers and entertainment venues throughout North America. With industry-leading insight, Aramark designs innovative hospitality, dining and catering, retail merchandise, and facility service programs that deliver valuable business results. Learn more at www.aramarkentertainment.comor www.twitter.com/aramarksports.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies byFORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook and Twitter.