PHILADELPHIA, PA (May 31, 2016)
– With the NHL’s Stanley Cup Finals underway and NBA Finals about to begin, the stage is set for Aramark to once again, play a crucial role in each sport’s championship series. As the exclusive food and beverage partner of the Pittsburgh Penguins, San Jose Sharks and Cleveland Cavaliers, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is preparing to deliver championship caliber hospitality to fans attending games at CONSOL Energy Center, SAP Center and Quicken Loans Arena.
“As the NHL and NBA post-seasons draw to an end, we are honored to partner with three of the four remaining teams still vying for hockey and basketball supremacy,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “Time and again our team of seasoned service stars has risen to the occasion of sports marquee events. We understand what it takes to fuel the finals experience for fans and look forward to delivering a championship-worthy performance just as much as the players competing on the ice and the hardwood.”
On The Menu
Aramark’s teams in Pittsburgh, San Jose and Cleveland are working hard to prepare delicious menus for hungry fans at their arenas. Throughout the NHL and NBA finals, each arena will have more than 800 Aramark employees, plus dozens of visiting managers and chefs, ready to deliver the ultimate culinary experience for Penguins, Sharks and Cavs fans.
Special for the Stanley Cup Finals, Aramark is introducing the “Sandwich Face-Off,” providing Sharks fans a taste of CONSOL Energy Center and Penguins fans a taste of SAP Center.
- Representing CONSOL Energy Center and the Pittsburgh Penguins is the Hickory-Smoked Ribeye Grinder – Smoked prime rib, provolone cheese, caramelized spring onions and horseradish cream on a Kaiser roll.
- Representing SAP Center and the San Jose Sharks is the The Big O: A Tribute Sandwich to Owen Nolan - Chicken parmesan with spicy tomato sauce, peppered bacon, mozzarella cheese, fried ramps, spinach and garlic aioli.
At Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Aramark’s acclaimed culinary partners, Michael Symon, Rocco Whalen and Jonathon Sawyer, will delight fans with their culinary creations, while guest chefs will serve select items out of the innovative and wildly popular Launch Test Kitchen.
In Pittsburgh, at the team stores at CONSOL Energy Center, South Side Works and UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex (and on the Penguins Official Online Pro Shop, teampittsburghgear.com
), where Aramark also manages the retail operations, souvenir seekers and fans of all ages can find the latest and most sought after Stanley Cup Finals apparel and merchandise that cannot be found anywhere else. The PensGear Powered by Reebok stores will be packed with exclusive Finals merchandise including:
- Custom designed Stanley Cup short and long sleeve shirts
- Exclusive HBK (the Hagelin, Bonino, Kessel line) t-shirts
- Large selection of head-to-head dueling merchandise
- On-ice gear the players wear
- Countless options of performance apparel and women’s wear
- Headwear to fit the whole family, including caps and fashion headgear
- Commemorative items, such as coins, pins, pucks and patches
Additional retail points of sale and outpost are being added at CONSOL Energy Center to meet the increased demand for mementos.
The NHL and NBA finals are the latest championship events Aramark has served within the last six months alone. Previously, Aramark proudly served fans of the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium and New York Mets at Citi Field during the 2015 MLB World Series, managed the NFL SHOP at the NFL Experience for Super Bowl 50 and hosted fans at the 2016 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship at NRG Stadium.
Aramark partners with six NHL teams and five NBA teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services – Cleveland Cavaliers, Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Ottawa Senators, Philadelphia 76ers, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Antonio Spurs, San Jose Sharks, Washington Capitals and Washington Wizards. Aramark will also be the exclusive food and beverage provider at the Edmonton Oilers’ new arena, Rogers Place, opening in summer 2016.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world with food, facilities, and uniform services. Because our culture is rooted in service, our employees strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. Aramark has been named to DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list, the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity,” the HRC’s “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” and scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.