PHILADELPHIA, PA (October 5, 2015) – With Major League Baseball’s post-season set to begin, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is proud to partner with five playoff bound teams – Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Toronto Blue Jays.
Having spent the regular season serving millions of fans, Aramark’s teams at Minute Maid Park, Kauffman Stadium, Citi Field, PNC Park, and Rogers Centre are eager to help ensure baseball fans have the ultimate post-season experience. From sharpening knives to restocking concessions stands to polishing shirt racks, Aramark’s culinarians and associates are preparing for the playoffs to begin.
As teams advance in the playoffs, new items and fall flavors will be added to the menus. Among the additions for the Wild Card and Division Series:
At Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City Royals)
At PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates):
- Turkey Panini: Cranberry aioli, Aged cheddar, Farm to market bread
- Banana Crème Brulee Bread Pudding: Dark Chocolate, Dried Cherry, Pecans
At Rogers Centre (Toronto Blue Jays):
- Kielbasa Burger: 6 oz Kielbasa Burger topped with haluski, sauerkraut, mustard, mozzarella, served on toasted sliced bread
- The Burgher: 8 oz burger served with onion straws, fried cheese sticks, jalapenos, bacon, barbeque sauce, served on a toasted brioche bun
- Toronto Poutine: Crisp Russet Prince Edward Island Potatoes, Local Cheese Curds, Traditional Gravy, Hand Pulled 12 hour Braised Beef Short Ribs, Peameal Sausage, Smoked Farmers Sausage, Crumbled Aged Canadian Cheddar, Fresh Chopped Green Onions
- “Mini” Surf & Turf Toronto Dog: Grilled Stadium Hot Dog, Hand Pulled 12 hour Braised Beef Short Ribs, East Coast Shrimp Tartar, Fresh Chopped Chives
Of course, throughout the post-season, fans will still find favorite items from the season which fueled their cheers and high fives through the regular season, such as the Chicken and Waffle Cone in Houston, Andrew Zimmern’s KC Skewers in Kansas City, Pig Guy NYC’s Bacon on a Stick in New York, Cuban Pretzel Dog in Pittsburgh, and Peameal Bacon Sausage in Toronto.
And, at the team stores at Citi Field, Kauffman Stadium and PNC Park where Aramark manages the retail operations, fans of all ages can be sure they will find the latest and most sought after post-season apparel and souvenirs that cannot be found anywhere else.
“Baseball’s post-season is as exciting for Aramark as it is for our partners and their fans,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “We are honored to serve half the teams playing this post-season. Just as the players will be stepping up their games this fall, so too will Aramark’s team members, who will be elevating their service delivery to enhance gameday experiences for fans.”
This season Aramark partnered with 11 Major League Baseball teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services -- Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world with food, facilities, and uniform services. Because our culture is rooted in service, our employees strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. Aramark has been named to DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list, the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity,” the HRC’s “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” and scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.