PHILADELPHIA, PA (August 31, 2015) – With training camp winding down and another season of exciting football about to kick off, Aramark is finalizing menus at the 11 stadiums it serves across the NFL to help fuel the emotions and enthusiasm of sports’ most passionate and loyal fans.
Serving more than six million football fans annually, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), which partners with more NFL teams than any other hospitality company to provide food and beverage services, is opening the new football season with a full roster of new menu items.
“We take pride in offering a great dining experience for football fans and are looking forward to another promising football season with great tasting and enjoyable menu options,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “We’re continually looking for new and innovative ways to enhance the game day experience, whether that’s making a better pretzel, or bringing in a new, local restaurant partner.”
NEW CELEBRITY CHEF DISHES
Aramark partners with five James Beard Award winning chefs (Andrew Zimmern, Chris Shepherd, Jonathon Sawyer, Marc Vetri and Michael Symon) and several other celebrity chefs from across the country. Among the new offerings from chef partners:
- Chris Hodgson’s Buffalo Gobbler - Turkey dog with buffalo aioli, bleu cheese, crispy potato straws and jalapeno slaw. (FirstEnergy Stadium)
- Chris Shepherd’s Greek-inspired spiced meatball shawarma with creamy tzatziki sauce. (NRG Stadium)
- Jonathon Sawyer’s Chile Relleno Sausage - Cheddar & hot pepper sausage topped with corn, black beans and queso. (FirstEnergy Stadium)
- Marc Vetri’s vegetarian pizza slices - A rotating lineup of vegetarian pizzas, including Summer Eggplant, Fall Spinach and Winter Calabrian Pepper (Lincoln Financial Field).
- Michael Symon’s Chick Magnet - Crispy chicken with avocado, arugula, tomato and mayo. (FirstEnergy Stadium)
- Rocco Whalen’s Kimchi Dog - All beef frank with caramelized kimchi and chili aioli. (FirstEnergy Stadium)
NEW IN GENERAL CONCESSIONS
Aramark’s culinary team is constantly looking for ways to innovate and update offerings. This season, the culinary team focused on local flavors and trends.
- Donut-chos (FirstEnergy Stadium) - An original, in-house dessert concept that marries the universal delight of donuts with the popularity of stadium nachos. Fresh, house made mini donuts served with a three dipping sauces-- sweetened orange cream cheese, raspberry melba, white icing drizzle or candied jalapenos.
- Lager Braised Beef Sandwich (Lincoln Financial Field) - Lager braised beef served with caramelized onion and cheese fondue, topped with a roasted long hot pepper giardiniera.
- Mac Daddy (Paul Brown Stadium) - Eisenberg quarter pound Black Angus all-beef hot dog topped with mac & cheese and bacon, on a pretzel bun.
- Midway Monster (Soldier Field) - Jumbo hot dog topped with corned beef, bacon caraway kraut and stone ground mustard, on a pretzel bun.
- Tailgater Burger (M&T Bank Stadium) - Grass fed beef burger, with American cheese, applewood bacon, kielbasa sausage, Maryland crab dip and beer battered onion rings, on a pretzel roll, topped with buffalo chicken wings.
- Tampa Tacos (Raymond James Stadium) - Three soft tortilla shells filled with slow braised Cuban pork, black beans, Pico de Gallo and cilantro crema.
- Heinz Field Italian Beef Sandwich (Heinz Field) - Shaved, slow roasted sirloin with spicy giardiniera and sweet peppers, on Italian loaf bread, dipped in au jus.
- Hot Pulled Chicken Sandwich (Nissan Stadium) - “Hot” chile braised chicken with pickled green tomato relish, on a locally baked roll.
- The Loop (Arrowhead Stadium, NRG Stadium and Raymond James Stadium) - Football fans will consume half a million soft pretzels inside Aramark partner stadiums this season, so Aramark is making the classic stadium pretzel even better. This new standalone location features handmade artisan pretzels with house-made dipping sauces.
“BETTER FOR YOU” OPTIONS
As part of Aramark’s Healthy for Life® commitments and menu initiatives, Aramark is balancing the traditional stadium favorites it offers with a variety of healthier choices. Some fresh and flavorful new options available at stadiums around the country this season include:
- Chris Hodgson’s Downtown Dogs (FirstEnergy Stadium) Make it Vegan! - Substitute any beef hot dog offered at Hodgson’s Downtown Dogs stand for a tofu dog.
- Healthy Options Cart (Soldier Field) - New Club level portable offering Hummus Cups, KIND Bars, Caesar Salad, Vegetarian Hummus Cups, Fresh Fruit Plates, Veggie Straws and more.
- Roasted Portobello Sandwich (M&T Bank Stadium) - Balsamic roasted portobello mushrooms with oil cured tomato, arugula, caramelized onion hummus and fresh mozzarella, on whole grain ciabatta bread.
- Salad Of The Game (Heinz Field) - Each week, Aramark chefs will feature a different, made to order salad in the new Champions Club.
Aramark partners with 17 National Football League teams to provide food and beverage, retail and/or facilities services – Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Diego Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans. Aramark will be the exclusive food and beverage provider at the Minnesota Vikings’ new stadium, U.S. Bank Stadium, opening in 2016.
**Photos of Aramark’s new NFL menu items can be found here**
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world with food, facilities, and uniform services. Because our culture is rooted in service, our employees strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. Aramark has been named to DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list, the Forbes list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity,” the HRC’s “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality” and scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.