PHILADELPHIA, PA (April 29, 2015) – With summer fast approaching and families finalizing travel plans, Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award winning food and hospitality partner for national and state parks and other leading leisure and cultural attractions across the country, has feverishly been working to put the final touches on a variety of enhancements across its portfolio of properties and assorted recreational offerings.
Each year, Aramark welcomes more than 40 million visitors and guests to its parks, zoos and museums and other tourist destinations across the United States. Once again, this vacation season, travelers will enjoy the full scope of Aramark’s hospitality and diverse interpretive, educational and sustainable programs, as well as benefit from the addition of enhanced offerings, upgraded amenities and inspired dining options during a visit to one of its locations.
"We are looking forward to another exciting travel season and are eager to unveil the off-season enhancements that await our guests,” said Bruce W. Fears, president, Aramark’s Leisure division. “Each new season we strive to offer visitors an even better experience than the previous year, and our team is committed to delivering exceptional guest experiences and helping create new memories to take with them."
Among the improvements awaiting visitors this summer are a splash pad for kids at Lake Powell, upgraded rooms at Far View Lodge at Mesa Verde National Park, enhancements to Denali Park Village and more.
- Denali Park Village (Denali National Park), the resort that opened last season and draws upon Alaska’s rich mining and natural history along the Nenana River, has newly paved decks and walkways, new landscaping, a new and improved home for Cabin Nite Dinner Theater, and new food service options at the General Store.
- Far View Lodge (Mesa Verde National Park) renovated and upgraded 30 standard rooms to Kiva rooms, now offering handcrafted furniture, air-conditioning and private balconies.
- Lake Quinault Lodge (Olympic National Forest) recently completed luxury room renovations. Fireplace and Lakeside Rooms now offer updated sophisticated décor and comfortable Dream Destination bedding.
- Asilomar Conference Grounds (Asilomar State Beach & Conference Grounds) recently completed its certification by the 14 Stories Gay Wedding Institute, adding to their existing expertise in event planning and execution
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Glen Canyon National Recreation Area) installed new large windows in the restaurants for clearer, unobstructed views of the majestic lake as well as a new pool deck and splash pad for kids. “Movies on the Lawn” has also been added to its already extensive list of activities on property. At Wahweap Marina, new amenities include oversize and tandem slips, private gated entry, concierge service and the option to custom build a slip to fit specific needs. A new 2-hour Panoramic Lake Powell Boat Tour will take guests through the Castle Rock short cut, allowing for views of Tower Butte, Gunsite, Cookie Jar and Padre Butte.
- Lake Mead Cruises (Lake Mead National Recreation Area) has a newly designed website offering an enhanced browsing experience with improved functionality and a new look for booking cruises around Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam.
- Lake Tahoe Cruises (Lake Tahoe Basin National Forest) updated the M.S. Dixie II paddlewheeler, adding new engines, flooring, paint, bar and retail shop. Also added to the vast inventory of boats are new paddleboards and tandem kayaks. A newly constructed 372-foot pier was also completed.
- Lake Crescent Lodge (Olympic National Park) is celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2015 with events held May-January.
- Log Cabin Resort (Olympic National Park) has added handicap boat access.
Food and Beverage
- Florida Aquarium (Tampa, FL) completed a full remodel of the food service area creating a fresh new look, added digital menu boards and new seasonal menu items highlighting local flavors and healthy alternatives.
Aramark proudly delivers innovative hospitality, recreational and interpretive programs inside and around America’s top travel destinations and vacation spots, such as Denali National Park & Preserve, Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve, Mesa Verde National Park, Olympic National Park, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Olympic National Forest, Lake Tahoe Basin National Forest, Grand Canyon National Park, Field Museum, Gettysburg National Military Park, National Constitution Center, Philadelphia Zoo and many more.
For a full list of Aramark’s travel destinations and offerings, visit www.aramarkleisure.com/destinations.
As a longtime partner of the National Park Service and America’s national parks, Aramark is proud to be a sponsor of the National Park Foundation’s Centennial Campaign, celebrating the National Park Service’s 100th anniversary in 2016. The sponsorship will help reintroduce the national parks and the work of the National Park Service to a new generation of Americans, inviting them to visit and get involved. For more information about the National Park Service’s Centennial, visit www.nationalparks.org/centennial.
About Aramark's Leisure Division
Aramark’s Leisure division delivers authentic and memorable experiences at national and state parks, national forests, conference centers, specialty hotels, museums and other tourist destinations throughout the United States. In partnership with its clients, Aramark seeks to enhance the guest experience by offering industry-leading hospitality, environmental stewardship, recreational and interpretive programs. For more information, visit www.aramarkleisure.com or follow us on Twitter @TravelAramark.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies byFORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook and Twitter.