PHILADELPHIA, PA (May 21, 2014) – As Memorial Day nears,Aramark (NYSE: ARMK), the award winning food and hospitality partner for national and state parks and other leading leisure and cultural attractions across the country, is ready to welcome guests and visitors with new and innovative hospitality and interpretive programs, for everyone’s enjoyment.
From national parks to national zoos to museums, Aramark destinations play host to more than 40 million visitors each year across the United States. Families planning vacations will delight as the season opens with new cultural offerings, renovations and superior dining options.
“We are excited for the summer travel and vacation season to begin. Whether it is a new guided tour, upgraded accommodations or a fresh sustainable menu, I’m confident the enhancements that await our guests at America’s premier parks and attractions will further enrich and nourish their experiences,” said Bruce W. Fears, President, Aramark Leisure.
Among the enhancements awaiting visitors this summer, a new fleet of luxurious lake yachts at Lake Powell, renovations at Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort and Asilomar Conference Grounds, a newly re-branded tourist destination just outside Denali National Park, and more.
- Asilomar Conference Grounds (Asilomar State Beach & Conference Grounds) recently completed extensive upgrades throughout the property making it more accessible for guests with disabilities.
- Denali Park Village (Denali National Park) is a new resort experience, drawing upon Alaska’s rich mining and natural history along the Nenana River, complete with 290 guest rooms, a marketplace and Main Street with family activities, such as panning for gemstones.
- Lake Quinault Lodge (Olympic National Forest) renovated its Beverly Suite and Fireplace Rooms with new amenities and furnishings, further enhancing the picturesque views of Lake Quinault.
- Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort (Olympic National Park) unveils its newly renovated River Suite and pools, as well as an upgraded RV park.
- Lake Mead Cruises (Lake Mead National Recreation Area) is the newest addition to Aramark’s portfolio, offering a collection of cruises around Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam.
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Glen Canyon National Recreation Area) is the first marina in North America to offer the one-of-a-kind Axiom Star luxury lake yachts for rental.
Food and Beverage
- Field Museum (Chicago, IL) has opened two new eateries, Explorer Café and The Field Bistro, with a focus on fresh, seasonal and sustainable menus.
- Philadelphia Zoo (Philadelphia, PA) has introduced two new dining concepts, 34th Street Market and Jose Garces’ Distrito Taco Truck.
- Zephyr Cove (Lake Tahoe Basin National Forest) remodeled and refurbished the Lodge Restaurant this past winter as well as designed a new menu, featuring regional flavors and local specialties.
Aramark proudly delivers innovative hospitality, recreational and interpretive programs inside and around America’s top travel destinations and vacation spots, such as Denali National Park & Preserve, Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve, Mesa Verde National Park, Olympic National Park, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Olympic National Forest, Lake Tahoe Basin National Forest, Grand Canyon National Park, Field Museum, Gettysburg National Military Park, Monterey Bay Aquarium, National Constitution Center, Philadelphia Zoo and many more.
For a full list of Aramark’s travel destinations and offerings, visitwww.aramarkleisure.com/destinations.
About Aramark Leisure
Aramark’s Leisure division delivers authentic and memorable experiences at national and state parks, national forests, conference centers, specialty hotels, museums and other tourist destinations throughout the United States. In partnership with its clients, Aramark seeks to enhance the guest experience by offering industry-leading hospitality, environmental stewardship, recreational and interpretive programs. For more information, visitwww.aramarkleisure.com or follow us on Twitter @TravelAramark.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies byFORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook and Twitter.